History of MARCHAK
The french jewellery house was founded in 1918. Originally from Kiev in Russia, Alexandre Marchak moved to Paris at the age of 26 and opened his boutique at 4, rue de la Paix. By the end of the 1920s he had established an excellent reputation not only in Europe but also in America. Exhibiting alongside Robert Linzeler, with whom he was an associate for a period, at the famous Paris exhibition of decorative arts in 1925, he was awarded a “grand prix” for his pieces inspired by the Orient in black laquer and mother-of-pearl. However, the pieces with which the name Marchak are most associated today are the works of the 1940s and 1950s when Alexandre’s son had taken over the reigns.